Over 200 kids of all ages joined us for a fun-filled day of educational safety activities on Saturday August 4th at the Clinton Crossing Premium Outlet Center. Activities were free of charge and all had a great time despite the rain.
We look forward to seeing y'all again next year!
The event was proudly sponsored by Families Helping Families, Clinton Crossing Premium Outlet Center, and the Clinton Police and Fire Departments. Events being presented included:
• Car seat inspections, showcase of vehicles and demonstrations featuring Sonny, Clinton’s K-9 cop and his partner Jason from the Clinton Police Department. Replacement car seats may be available free of charge if one does not pass inspection
• Touch-A-Truck and fire and first aid Safety Station from the Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
• Education on prescription medication safety and poison control with the Shop Rite Pharmacists
• Complimentary Amber Alert Registration including ID cards provided by Clinton Crossing Premium Outlets
• Ambulance showcase with Clinton Emergency Services
• Face painting and Jedi training by Clinton Crossing Premium Outlets
• Information and applications for free home energy inspections from New England Smart Energy
• Education on identifying and protecting yourself and loved ones from credit card and banking fraud, provided by Liberty Bank. Click these links to learn more about Fraud Protection and how Liberty Bank can help.
2018 was a unique year, as our friend and partner “The Bike Guy” Paul Eagan, of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Alliance of Clinton (BPAC), was unable to attend the event. However, Paul was there in spirit as we had a Bike Rodeo, bike exchange, bike donation and bike collection! Kids brought their own bikes to compete in the rodeo although we did have a few spares for those unable to bring their own. For children in need of a bicycle, we had several bikes that found new homes thanks to Paul's generous donations. Also, we asked the community to bring old bikes no longer needed to support the efforts of BPAC and Paul to refurbish them to be provided for those in need. For more on the generous outpouring of donated bicycles, BPAC and Paul's work, check out our Home Page spotlights by clicking on the link below!